Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A very busy weekend

We had a busy weekend while I was staying at the ranch for my last weekend in Texas. There were 200 cattle that needed to be moved about 2 miles down the road BUT there had been so much rain that the bottoms were FLOODED. These cowboys had to round up the mama's on 628 acres. It was a long, wet, and cold day. And these cowboys didn't stop until dark. I've got several pictures to post.
Bossman Jordan sizing up the situation


Just to show you how much rain there had been. Alison and Megan decided to climb a pile of dirt.



Ali & Megan



Mr. Roy





Shorty the Cowdog waiting impatiently in the truck in case she was needed




Justin and Jeff sharing a special moment! lol They're gonna kill me for posting this.






Tyson leading part of the herd







Jeff aka the Abercrombie Cowboy (that's what I've nicknamed him) He wears the coolest clothes.



Justin


Tyson


Chris aka Popcorn (I think he went swimming in the creek) I've never seen anyone ride a horse like him...WIDE OPEN.


Roy and bossman Jordan



Here's all the cowboys riding off to round up on over 600 acres...it was a long evening









I will post more tomorrow...I'm so tired. We're about 40 miles from Chattanooga and I've been so torn all day. Cried wanting to come home but cried leaving Texas too. Met some wonderful friends for life. Will post more pictures tomorrow of some water moccasins, wild hogs and sorting cattle. It was great...some of the best times I've ever had...I won't EVER forget them.










No comments: